- A pig wandering the streets of London; a bloodied chicken stranded on the balcony of a 6th floor apartment; three surplus rams from a medical research laboratory; nine abused goats from a cruelty investigation case; a small hen, the victim of a brutal fraternity prank; a companion sheep caught up in a bitter divorce battle; three day-old turkey chicks found still alive on a 'dead pile'; a battered and bruised chicken who'd fallen off the back of a truck on her way to the slaughter house; who will help them and where can they go to live out the rest of their natural lives in comfort and safety? With the help of Animal Outreach these and many other individuals like them all found safe homes.
- Animal Outreach is a busy, grass-roots charitable organization that has networked with many other animal rescue groups to help hundreds of animals in need find safe permanent homes.
- For the other farm animals we help find foster homes and financial support until we can locate a suitable permanent home. We will then organize transportation. Unfortunately, safe havens for rescued farm animals are still few and far between in S.W. Ontario and those that do exist are stretched to their limits. We have often had to look further afield and have even transported rescued animals as far as Colorado, Michigan, New York, Northern Ontario, and Quebec.
- We would like to be able to help farm animal rescuers in other communities by offering financial support and by acting as an information resource. We hope to build on our list of sanctuaries and act as facilitators for groups and individuals across Canada who will come to the aid of farm animals in need. Together we can create a coordinated network of rescuers across Canada.
- Although Animal Outreach was formed to help farm animals, we try to help any animal that comes our way.
- If you'd like to lend a helping hand or would like further information please visit the sanctuary website at:
- Farm animal rescue, rehabilitation and shelter care can be extremely expensive. Sponsors are always needed as your support is literally the gift of life. Without your help we couldn't continue our farm animal rescue or support these deserving animals for the rest of their lives.
- Farm animal sponsors can pay a monthly or yearly fee to support one of our rescued farm animals currently living at an Animal Outreach approved sanctuary.
- To be enrolled in a monthly sponsorship program, contact Florine at 519 439-3287 or write to her at Animal Outreach Farm Animal Sponsorship Program, 803 Waterloo St, London, Ont N6A 3W5
Farm Animal Sponsorship Program
- Many thanks National Forest Products Ltd. for the very generous donation of lumber that has built fences and shelters for rescued farm animals at Cedar Row Sanctuary.
- Here are Charlie and Chickpea enjoying a snack in their nice, dry living quarters:
- Click on the banner to visit the National Forest Products website.